Women with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) are familiar with its troubling symptoms: weight gain, excessive hair growth, mood and energy dips, acne, and irregular periods, to name a few. However, this hormonal disorder is hugely impacted by diet and changing what you eat can put you on the path to being symptom-free.
This workshop will teach women with PCOS why nutrition has such a strong connection to the hormonal underpinnings of their condition and how to make the dietary changes that will alleviate their struggles with its symptoms. In 90 minutes with registered dietitian Lindsey Kane, you will:
- Understand the scientific principles of a PCOS-friendly diet
- Learn strategies to incorporate these principles while food shopping, cooking at home and eating on-the-go
- See these strategies in action while we cook up and taste a summery salad
- Take home a sample meal plan and recipes for the salad we make during the workshop plus two more PCOS-friendly salads that you can make in the hot months to come!
- Have any and all of your questions about nutrition for PCOS answered